March 30, 2006

Weird woody


There was this weird guy in the train this morning...

First I saw him on the platform.
A group of 6 or 7 male teenagers (In french I would have said "racaille" but, oh well, they were just teenagers in fact!) were talking loudly and moving about in a corner.
This man arrived and took a seat right in the middle of them... First I thought he was part of the group as he started talking to them. But the others didn't seem to care about the guy.
And when I had a closer look at him (I didn't have my glasses on and I'm shortshighted!), I could see he's an old man.

A weird Woody Allen look-alike actually, with grey hair, big glasses and wearing a raincoat
(just like Woody Allen I'm telling you - without the adoptive daughter/wife obviously.)

Anyway, back to the story. So the trains arrived, we got in and I heard this little man going like "I need a seat - please I need a seat - oh please a seat " etc etc just talking to himself and I thought "okay, keep cool, there are plenty of seats !"

And during the journey he acted so weird !
I took my Sophie Kinsella book out of my bag, started reading it and then I heard him starting talking - loudly enough for me to catch part of his conversation. So I thought okay he's with that woman next to him. But then, he addressed her as "vous", which meant they didn't know each other ! How weird..
He said : "You mustn't be scared of death. Blah blah...". I have no idea how he got onto this subject. Hopefully for him, the woman was talkative and friendly. She replied : "Well, this is easy to say - but it's hard to do."
Overall he was talking about spiritual topics - like death, sorrow, wisdom... like he had found the meaning of life or something. I think he just read too many of Paulo Coelho's books !!

So I was like "Who's this guy ?" Soooo weird.

But then I thought : Don't be too judgemental. He can talk about whatever he wants. Who am I to say he's weird ? After all, why not talking to strangers ?

Well, okay, but ... as long as he's not talking to me !

Actually I wonder... could it have been Woody Allen ???????
Maybe I've just made fun of a big star...

4 Comments:

At 8:17 pm, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

Perhaps he just wanted to make a new coat? Trains are amazing places where any kind of social phenemonon can, and invariably does, take place.

 
At 4:27 pm, Blogger Lucy said...

Hello SaWa !
I visit your blog from Kieran's blog.
You are a young beautiful lady.
Please be careful safely.

 
At 7:40 pm, Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Some of the most interesting converstions occur with strangers. Not that I prefer the company of strangers, but sometimes, strange people's "weird" thoughts ground our own thoughts.

But than again, I wonder if people think my thoughts are "weird."

 
At 4:19 am, Blogger AvR said...

I find that the observation of strangers provides such a scope for the imagination. Often, I like to make up stories about what their life history has been. I think your fellow was traumatized as a child by being forced to stand for days at a time: now he is obsessed with seating.

Or he's just wacko. Could be either way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home