April 10, 2006

Marathon de Paris


The Paris Marathon took place yesterday, on a sunny but fresh Sunday morning.
My brother and friends of mine run the Marathon so we went to support them.
The route is very beautiful - it starts at Arc de Triomphe and passes through the city's most beautiful areas : Champs-Elysées, Rivoli, les Quais de Seine, Bois de Vincennes, bois de Boulogne...
The atmosphere was so joyful and friendly I almost felt like running ! But I am so lousy at jogging ...
And when you think about it ... all the motivation and endurance needed to run 42 km ! Wow... this is quite a challenge.
So **CONGRATS** to everyone who run the Marathon this weekend !
Well done guys ! I admire you. Keep it going !

4 Comments:

At 3:27 am, Blogger Cheryl said...

I couldn't run a marathon but am in awe of those who do...

 
At 12:05 pm, Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

My brother is running the London marathon in two weeks. Madness! It's interesting how cities feel like proper communities during these kind of events. There should be more of them. When I was in Dijon there was a midnight rollerblading marathon. According to the local cafe waitress they have this marathon every week throughout the summer. This is why France is great.

 
At 2:24 pm, Blogger Sev said...

Sure, I used to live in Dijon and I remember "la rando-roller"!
I've never done it though because I don't know how to stop ... and there was such a steep slope.
Rollerblanding can be tricky if you cannot stop ;-)

We have it in Paris too - beginners on Sunday afternoon and advanced rollerbladers on Friday night :
http://www.pari-roller.com/

I've even seen a midnight cycling marathon in Paris...

 
At 6:56 pm, Blogger Pam said...

Have to agree with Cheryl on this one...have great respect for those who participate, but, I'm better at watching!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home